© Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2023. The original edition of the Virginia Master Gardener Handbook was printed January 1985. The handbook was revised in January 1986, January 1987, July 1990, November 1994, December 1999, July 2009, December 2015, and February 2018.
Virginia Cooperative Extension Gardener Handbook by Virginia Cooperative Extension is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
You are free to copy, share, adapt, remix, transform, and build on the material for any primarily noncommercial purpose as long as you follow the terms of the license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0.
- Attribute—You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike—If you remix, transform, or build on the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
You may not:
- NonCommercial—You may not use the work for primarily commercial use.
- Additional restrictions—You may not add any legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Suggested citation: Virginia Cooperative Extension (2023). Virginia Cooperative Extension Gardener Handbook. Blacksburg: Virginia Cooperative Extension. https://doi.org/10.21061/vcegardener. Licensed with CC BY-NC-SA 4.0. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0.
Publisher: This work is published by the Virginia Cooperative Extension
State Administrative Office, 101 Hutcheson Hall (0402)
250 Drillfield Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24061 USA
Accessibility statement: Virginia Tech is committed to making its publications accessible in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. The Pressbooks (HTML) and ePub versions of this text are tagged structurally and include alternative text, which allows for machine readability.
Publication cataloging information:
Virginia Cooperative Extension, author
Virginia Cooperative Extension Gardener Handbook / Virginia Cooperative Extension
ISBN 978-1-957213-48-4 (PDF)
ISBN 978-1-957213-49-1 (ePub)
ISBN 978-1-957213-47-7 (Pressbooks) https://pressbooks.lib.vt.edu/emgtraining
ISBN 978-1-957213-42-2 (Print)
URI (Universal Resource Identifier): http://hdl.handle.net/10919/112743
1. Gardening–Virginia–Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Title: Virginia Cooperative Extension Gardener Handbook
Disclaimer: The figures in this book have varying licenses. Please check the figure references at the end of each chapter before redistributing.
Educators, please let us know you are using the book: https://bit.ly/interest-vcegardener
Report an error: https://bit.ly/report-error-vcegardener
Cover design: Kindred Grey