Chapter 9: Competing in International Markets
9.2 Advantages and Disadvantages of Competing in International Markets
9.3 CAGE Framework
9.4 Types of International Strategies
9.5 Drivers of Success and Failure When Competing in International Markets
9.6 Options for Competing in International Markets
After reading this chapter, you should be able to understand and articulate answers to the following questions:
- What are the main benefits and risks of competing in international markets?
- What is the “diamond model,” and how does it help explain why some firms compete better in international markets than others?
- How does the CAGE framework help a firm predict its degree of success in doing business in another country?
- What are the four global strategies that firms can adopt, and what are the two pressures that define these strategies?
- What methods of entry are available to firms that seek to compete in international markets?