Chapter 8: Selecting Corporate-Level Strategies
8.2 Corporate-Level Strategy Defined
8.4 Implementing Corporate Strategy
8.5 Strategies for Getting Smaller
8.6 Portfolio Planning and Corporate-Level Strategy
After reading this chapter, you should be able to understand and articulate answers to the following questions:
- What is corporate-level strategy and how does it differ from business-level strategy?
- What is vertical integration and what benefits can it provide?
- What are the three types of diversification and when should they be used?
- What are four methods that a firm can use to implement its corporate strategy?
- Why and how might a firm retrench or restructure?
- What is portfolio planning and why is it useful?