10.2 Why Organizational Design?
10.3 The Basic Building Blocks of Organizational Structure
10.4 Creating an Organizational Structure
10.5 Creating Organizational Control Systems
10.6 Legal Forms of Business
After reading this chapter, you should be able to understand and articulate answers to the following questions:
- Why is a firm’s organizational structure important?
- What are the basic building blocks of organizational structure?
- What are strategic advantages and disadvantages of each organizational structure type?
- What are the different forms of control and when should they be used?
- What are the key legal forms of business, and what implications does the choice of a business form have for organizational structure?