Various resource-assessment tools already exist. These can be helpful for creators and others in assessing characteristics of resources and identifying helpful elements which may be missing. The assignment in this section encourages customization of checklist resources to fit particular audiences.
Learners should be able to:
- Become familiar with OER assessment tools relevant to PreK12.
- Review, customize, and use checklists to enable creators to self-assess the OER created or adapted through your collaboration.
- Review the additional resources listed below.
- Download and customize the “Contributor Checklist” for your / your collaborator’s project.
- Create your own version of the contributor checklist, including changes relevant to your project.
- Document changes you make to your version of the contributor checklist and indicate why you made these changes.
- Reflect, and if relevant, implement alternate formats and/or ways of presenting this information for self-assessment outcomes.
- Apply the checklist to your or another’s learning resource.
- Reflect on common oversights and what you might emphasize (or plan to emphasize in your next project) to avoid these oversights.